Doctors and scientists are realizing just how important a healthy gut is for overall health and vitality. Research is pouring in about the role of the human microbiome in numerous functions in our body. When your gut flora is out of whack, serious problems can ensue including bloating, inflammation, skin issues, diabetes, obesity, and poor sleep.
10. Keep your overall weight at a healthy level. BMI below 25 and height to waist ratio at 1/2. (e.g. 72″ tall 36″ waist or less.)
9. Follow a paleo diet of good proteins and lots of vegetables and fruits.
8. Sleep 7-8 hours each night. this syncs circadian rhythm for hormone release.
7. Eat plenty of fiber- apples, salads, and complex carbs help motility.
6. Stay hydrated with filtered water. Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces everyday. (e.g. 100lb. person should drink at least 50 ounces of water daily). Also, avoid chlorinated water which kills good flora.
5. Exercise regularly. Cardio and weight bearing exercise and especially core strength. Do sit-ups, crunches, and planks to strengthen abdominals and obliques.
4. Eat foods like kombucha, yogurt, and kefir that have strains of good bacteria.
3. Avoid killers of good flora like antibiotics, chlorine, alcohol, and certain drugs.
2. Supplement with good probiotics like Orthobiotics containing lactobacillus and bifidobacteria. Also digestive enzymes help to properly digest foods.
1.Get adjusted. A chiropractic adjustment to the thoracic spine and lumbar spine stimulates peristalsis. T6 vertebrae nerve root signals to the stomach.
Dysbiosis means your gut microbiome is out of balance. Working on the above 10 principles is a good idea to maintain overall good health. This information can help avoid IBS, colitis, Crohns, GERD, acid reflux, acid indigestion, and a weak stomach. Your gut health is controlled by your Enteric Nervous System, your second brain. So let’s keep it healthy.
#guthealth, #dysbiosis, #microbiome, #chiropractic, #IBS, #colitis, #crohns, #acidreflux, #GERD, #acidindigestion, #probiotics, #askdrlask