Who remembers their Mom saying,” An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?” Do you believe her? Well I do and it was actually Benjamin Franklin who said that. Old Ben was a pretty wise man and following his admonitions is probably a smart thing to do.
So if you believe this old adage, do your actions back up your beliefs? Do you do things to prevent a cold and/or flu? Well, their are 7 Things you can do this year to help prevent getting sick!
1. Wash hands after being in public.
2. Don’t rub your eyes, nose, or mouth with unclean hands; these are the vectors into the body.
3. Stay hydrated- 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water every day.
4. Plenty of rest- 7-8 hours per night.
5. Get adjusted- chiropractic adjustments stimulate the immune system.
6. Workout- weight bearing exercise stimulates white blood cells, the cells that fight off foreign invaders.
7. Supplement- Ecchinacea, Vit. C, Zinc, K-Pax Pro, Wholemune, Viracid, Sinatrol and other Ortho Molecular products.
Follow these tips this Winter and avoid getting sick. Upper respiratory infections, Bronchitis, Sinus infections, Colds, and Flus can all be minimized with some proactive behaviors. Do yourself and your family a favor this year and follow the wise advice of Ben Franklin AND Dr. Lask and be PROACTIVE this year instead of REACTIVE!